The biggest mistake people make when learning how to become a cam girl is thinking it’s an easy job. It often seems that camming is literally just setting up a webcam in your bedroom and taking off your clothes. However, there is a lot more to it than that! If you want to become asuccessful webcam model, you need to be consistent and put in hard work. Then you will reap the rewards you hear about – free gifts, lots of money and the ability to work for yourself!
As a webcam model agency, we understand better than anyone the amount of effort online webcam girlsput into their job. Here at Off The Record Models, we have built a strong community of webcam modelswho are growing quickly and successfully on webcam model sites. Part of our job as a webcam model management agencyis to maximise your earning potential. Therefore, we provide each girl with one-to-one support and mentoring by our team who are experienced camgirls.
To give you a taste of the type of advice our girls receive, our team wanted to share their do’s and don’ts of being a cam modelin today’s blog.
Do’s of Being A Cam Model
- Do Wear What Makes You Feel Confident – As a camgirl, you may feel pressure to dress and act a certain way. However, this can often come across as fake and lacks sincerity. We recommend wearing something you feel confident in – whether that’s some sexy lingerie or a really tight dress! Not only will it boost your presence on the show but your viewers will feel more relaxed around you. Most loyal viewers stay because they like you and your personality, not because they want you to look like a pornstar!
- Do Plan What Times You’re Going Live – If you want to create a loyal audience who come back time and time again, we would recommend planning a time for you to go live every day. The evenings are a popular yet busy time for camgirls so you may find that your exposure is limited. Camming during the day is quieter but visitors to the site have limited camgirls to pick from and so you may just find yourself a new viewer. As a new camgirl, you should try camming at different times to find what suits you best.
- Do Invest in Quality Equipment – There’s nothing worse than watching a live stream that has broken-up audio or a blurry webcam; it’s the quickest way to lose viewers from your live stream. You may be tempted to use the built-in webcam and microphone from your laptop or computer. However, we would recommend purchasing a high-quality, USB webcam and microphone for a crisp, clear picture and sound quality.
Don’ts of Being A Cam Model
- Don’t Be Afraid To Say No – One of the benefits of being a cam girl is having the luxury to choose when, where and how you work. You are in complete control of your work and only you can set the bar! Therefore, you should never be afraid to say no if you aren’t comfortable with anything. All webcam model sites have blocking and reporting features so you can remove anyone who crosses your boundaries.
- Don’t Share Personal Information – Most camgirls we represent use fake names and locations. This is to protect their identities being found by friends and family. However, if you choose not to do this, it’s important that you don’t share any further personal details such as specific town names or locations near you. Any information can give away your exact location and could put your safety at risk!
- Don’t Burn Yourself Out – It can become very addictive when you see the money start flowing in. Especially as it can be made 24/7. Despite how great it might feel to be earning, it’s important to not let yourself burn out. Spending all day interacting with people and being on a computer can be exhausting so you need to take a break every now and then.
Are you interested in finding out how to become a camgirlwith Off The Record? Why not contact our team who can share the first steps with you. We’re available to chat on Instagram, Twitter or you can apply here.